This week we got the pleasure of hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was incredible, and now this pregnancy seems more real than ever. Our midwife thought it was around 140 beats a minute, and everyone is taking their guesses as to what the gender is. So far I'd say there are more girl votes than boy votes. I am beginning to feel really light movements that are best described as bubbles popping or little thuds almost like random heart beats, and rolling motions; it's a trip. My mid-section seems to be getting thicker but I have yet to pop into the round, unmistakable pregnant belly - at least I'm getting some mileage out of my old clothes. I'll take the next belly shot sometime in the next couple weeks when I'm 16-17 weeks along.
Justin has begun taking on construction projects around the house despite the snowfall and cold temps outside. I'm sure that May 27th deadline is prominently positioned in the back of his mind and he's got a mental list of all the things he wants to complete before baby Moore arrives. He put our new mudroom up in record time so we have a few extra square feet to store items that are taking up our living space. Next on his list - a chicken coop so we can enjoy fresh eggs 15 feet from our kitchen. Gotta love living on a farm where we can have such luxuries. And after watching Food, Inc, we feel much better knowing our eggs are coming from spoiled, happy hens.
Next weekend... Chicago, where we'll hopefully observe the Bears cremate the Patriots right there in Soldier Field. More later...
OMG, you're getting chickens? Jealous, and so happy for you. Your little jelly bean will be so healthy, wealthy and wise. I'm so stoked for you. Hey, how did you find your midwife? I think I already found mine, even though I'm about 5-30 years away from parenthood. God bless the internet. :) ~Sara
ReplyDelete