Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall is upon us

Last days of summer and the hose/sprinkler obsession
Our neighbors happen to own a pumpkin patch. What a special surprise!

I think he likes it!

When it's pouring outside you go camping.
Koen and I are definitely housebound today with rain coming down in solid sheets outside. We've done it all - play in the sink, puzzles, wrestle, tackle house chores together, and camping indoors which proved to be a huge success.

I glanced back at older pictures of this little man and I can't believe how much he's changed in such a short period of time. He's getting so tall and strong and independent these days. He's been in his big boy bed for some time and handled the change easily. We took the front off the crib and put a mattress guard up so it's safer for him to get in and out. No longer do I get to wake up slowly while he waits for me to come get him. He bounces out of a dead sleep with no transition whatsoever then comes and jumps on my face. "Mama outside". I'll ask him to cuddle and sometimes I'll get two minutes then he loses patience.

He's fascinated with how things work and spends most of his time breaking things then trying to put them back together. I'm slightly happy the weather is turning because we can give the sprinklers and fans a break - his longest-lasting obsession. All in all this kid is as easy as it gets and I must remind myself that when I'm close to losing my temper. He can be directed out of a meltdown or doing something naughty quite easily if I am patient and take my time with him. Love this kid more and more each day.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally setting up our tent next time it snows...so probably in like two days. Hmm, I've never actually set it up before so this could prove to be a disaster. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his Lakeview Honker hat in the pumpkin patch. Woulda thought the 39 cent store would come through for us. Henry will eventually grow into his if his father hasn't totally stretched it out(:O)

    ReplyDelete