Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boy meets chicken

So the boy in Koen is oozing lately, actually this picture was taken around Thanksgiving so it's been oozing for awhile, and what you see here is an experimental live chicken kabob. Watch out kitty because you're next. Our little guy loves the outdoors and we spend a large part of our day romping around in snow or skidding on ice. The other day he insisted on being pushed in his tree swing in 15 degree weather at 9 in the morning. I couldn't feel my hands and I was wishing for a nice extra layer of his baby fat. Now it's no -7 degrees which is what my brother and sister-in-law are dealing with in Wyoming, but hey, it's still relatively uncomfortable. Each day I notice something new with this child and I try to write down everything so I don't forget. He's starting to sit on his potty chair, make his poop face and "wipe" with whatever object is near him - hairbrush? Sure. He'd rather leave his pants on for this activity though. Baby steps. He's attempting to jump off the ground with two feet which is hilarious to watch; he bends his knees and goes up with gusto then falls down without his feet ever leaving the ground. He is making more of an effort to imitate sounds, so at 19 1/2 months, he is finally forming words like "tractor", "out", and his favorite, "uh-oh." He is speaking very clearly in a foreign tongue, even rolling his r's, which I call his Spanish/Mandarin dialect. He uses hand gestures while maintaining a very serious face and we can have a conversation like this for twenty straight minutes, each of us using our preferred language.

So I vow this year to make at least one monthly post on this blog. Somehow watching favorite TV shows, checking emails, and keeping up on housework have taken priority.

1 comment: