In case the written journals containing copious notes documenting our lives are never found, family will have an online archive to remember us by.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
He sleeps!
Thanks to my dear cousin Melissa's wonderful recommendation, we had a breakthrough last night getting our baby to sleep longer than 2 hours at a time. Richard Ferber is genius. We put our little guy down at 8 and went in to comfort him after 1 minute, 3 minutes, and then 5 minutes and he had fallen to sleep in his crib, on his own. He's used to eating every time he wakes up, so when he woke up at 9:30 I fed him once more and then upon his next waking at 11:30 Justin "reFerberized" him and he was again asleep within a half hour. I fed him again at 3:45 and he woke up cooing at 7 this morning. Now as for his mother... I was up all night worrying. Why hasn't he cried yet? Oh my Lord he's died of SIDS! Looks like I've developed a sleep association of having him by my side, so now I'll need to enlist the help of my husband to Ferberize me. Anyway, I feel like major progress has been made, so we'll see how night 2 goes. I feel like I'm well on my way to kissing sleep deprivation goodbye. But it is bittersweet. He's growing up too fast - he's graduated to his crib and it will feel like a week has gone by and I'll be cheering him on at his high school graduation. Boo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erica, I hope the sleeping is still going well. This was the hardest thing with our first baby. I remember the waking up and checking to make sure she was alive because she wasn't waking up at all hours. But with babies 2 and 3 it has been so much easier.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.emmaelizabethjohns.blogspot.com/